Friday, December 23, 2011

55 pound blue cat on skiff

 I needed to install new rod holders on the skiff and do some greasing of the steering today. After that I had to take it out and test it all out. I still need to make some adjustments to the rod holders but they worked OK. The river was a little muddy but not too bad. Water temp was about 49. The biggest issue for me today was the tide was slowing down when I got out there and the wind was blowing pretty hard. I tried a spot in the wind and didn't get any bites so I found a place out of wind and anchored to the bank. After setting up all the excitement I had for the spot went away and for whatever reason i lost confidence in the spot really quick. I stuck it out because I had a few smallish hits. A few minutes latter one of the rods doubled over and line peeled off the spool. This fish made 3 runs from the boat and since I was anchored in about 3 ft of water it made for an intense fight,especially since I was by myself. The only scale I had was a 50 pound spring scale and this fish bottomed that out easily and broke the handle. So I am guessing it was 55 pounds but that should be close.


55 pound blue cat on skiff

Later I met up with my dad and took Luke from him and we fished 1more spot together before calling it a day.



Total time out only about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment